Saturday, February 28, 2015

Valentine's Brunch with the Girls

This year for Valentine's Day I was living in Southern California, and was away from Dominic. However, I wasn't going to let that dampen my mood! A few girlfriends and I had an awesome girls day!
We started our day with brunch at Darling Magazine's studio in downtown L.A. The menu consisted of beet hummus toast with brussel sprout shavings, crustinis with goat cheese and balsamic strawberries, a potato hash, and flakey bread rolls with beef and cheese. Of course it was complimented with mimosas.
We laughed, chatted, met other great women, and overall really enjoyed a relaxing meal. We also were taught how to make our own organic body scrub. I'm still using the body scrub, and it smells so good!
To continue our girls day, we watch Fifty Shades of Grey, which I was happily surprised my the acting and story. (I read the books, so I didn't want to set my expectations too high. The books are always better than the movie.)
 Afterwards, we came back to my place made pasta cabanera and watched a chick flick. I have to say the whole day was a complete success, and I'm happy I got to spend it with lovely ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment