Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love- what else would I call a Valentine's Day post?

"Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love." 
One of my favorite quotes from the movie Moulin Rouge, which takes quotes from many popular songs. 
Today is a day where we celebrate love with the precious people in our life. If you have not read the story of St. Valentine, check it out here. It not romantic at all, but I think it's important to know some history about a specific day and not completely falling into the trap of a commercialized holiday.

Enough of the logistics, today I want to pin point the beauty of love that surround us. I try to look at love on this day from the many things I receive happiness from, such as my family, Dominic, close friends, my pets, and the everyday things I do that bring me joy. 
This year since I'm not home locally to spend it with Dominic, I'm spending it with a few of my closest friends and we are having a fun, relaxing, and memorable day. Take some time today to "stop and smell the roses," even if you don't have a significant other to spend it with. Remind yourself of the other love that surrounds you, and spread that love to someone else. I love being able to write and share my thoughts freely on here, and I take that to heart. 
Thank for spending a little time with me today. Sending lots of love your way. Happy Valentine's Day!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment