Friday, January 2, 2015

Easy to Make Oreo Truffles

I know we all have new year resolutions, and I have my hand raised when I say I want to make better eating habits...BUT have you had these Oreo truffles? These are super easy to make, and they are a huge crowd pleaser. So go ahead, try it out! Remember everything in moderation :)

How to make them is very simple. I made these a few years ago, and was reminded about them from A Beautiful Mess' post during the holidays. Here's what you need to make about two dozen
28-30 Oreo cookies, or other chocolate cookies a similar size
8 oz. softened cream cheese
12 oz. dark chocolate chips
4-6 oz. white chocolate chips (optional)
2-3 tablespoons crushed peppermints or candy canes or assorted sprinkles
 First crush up the Oreos. I don't have a food processor. What I did instead was put them all in a large zip-loc bag and smashed them. It was fun and therapeutic!
Next mix in the cream cheese, and roll them into little balls. Afterwards let them set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. While that's happening you can melt the chocolate. I just microwaved it in 30 second increments until it was nice and soft to dip in.


You will then dip each ball into the chocolate and place it on a tray that has wax paper on top of it. I would also suggest to add your topping after you place the ball on the tray, because the chocolate will harden. I melted a little bit of white chocolate and made cute swirls, so that's an option too.

You can put them back in the fridge to set for longer once your finished. Also, keep them refrigerated until about an hour be it's served since it has the cream cheese in it.
I love how they came out, and they were all gone by the end of the party! Do you have a favorite dessert you enjoy making?


No comments:

Post a Comment