Saturday, January 10, 2015

Los Angeles Bloomfest 2014

One of my favorite parts of living in the L.A. area is all the unique art and culture here. People gather from all walks in life in this city. My friend Susie and I went to L.A.'s Bloomfest this last year. I was pleasantly surprised about all the taste street art pieces. People have some crazy ideas, and I think it's incredible when it's painted or drawn against the side of a building. The next week after I actually went on  Graffiti Tour, which talked about each piece and artist in more detail. But I'll leave that for another post.
The Arts District in L.A. is full of bright colors, graphic shapes, and of course the hipsters to remind of their expensive style and taste :) There was also such delicious food and decedent ice cream!
This small hub of culture reminds me of the beauty of one's eye. Everyone has their own taste and style, and I find it truly interesting to learn about it. Seeing it also is quite mind blowing. You can't really tell in this pictures, but the scale of these art pieces are huge!
I hope to continue to see unique work here in L.A. Are there any cities you've visited that have great culture and art? It's time for me to build out my travel list, so the more suggestions the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment