Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hamburg

Next stop...Germany! We met our good friend Yannik in Hamburg and stayed with him and his girlfriend, Sophia, in their apartment. Yannik met Dominic while we lived in Florida. They both worked together at Disney's Contemporary Resort! It's awesome how we've kept in touch with our friends from our time in Florida. We literally know people all around the world, which makes it awesome when traveling!

Hamburg is a metropolitan city that reminded me a lot of San Francisco. There's businesses everywhere. There are all types of food. It's also right on the bay, which we took a ferry boat ride on.
 One of the most interesting places we saw in Hamburg is their graffiti district. There was art every where! On the walls, streets, sides of buildings, and on the floor!
There was layers of old posters and art all over the place. This area was full of culture and I saw an edgier side of Hamburg that expressed more of a young soul.

Everything was colorful and vibrant! I was in instagram heaven! :) We tried some schnitzel and authentic German beer (which was DELICIOUS!)
That night we splurged and enjoyed drinks at a roof top bar! Snazzzzzzyyyyy :) I drank my cocktail so fast! It was the best one I had in Europe..hands down!
Hamburg also has their own Red Light District like Amsterdam called Reeperbahn. Yannik took us to a couple of bars and showed us this Beatles Art tribute. My favorite was the Siracha shot...so savory!
 I'm so glad we got to visit our old friends and explore an unique city!







No comments:

Post a Comment